Friday, March 29, 2013

Oh The Wonderful Plane Ride...

This will, be the first time I have been on a place since I was 10 I'm not worried but I am not looking forward to being squashed into a small place with my long legs. But we'll see how it goes....

So we got to the airport safely and because we were so rushy rushy this morning, when we got to the air port we had an hour + to spare, so at 10:30 I asked my family if it was too early to start drinking and they all gave me the "are you freaking kidding me right now" look and against their weird looks and judgmental faces I ordered a sex on the beach. It was pretty strong, but hey for a 10 dollar drink at an airport it did what I needed it to. 


So we decided to go to our gate and it hit me...


This was gonna be my home for the next SEVEN HOURS! I mean I have taken seven hour car rides but with car rides you can get up, get fresh air, walk around....obviously in a plane, you can't do that. 


We boarded our plane and come to find out, I have the window seat! Boom! and I get the seat with the wing. I don't know I didn't think that it was that bad, it was just a little challenging taking pictures. 
My aunt Michelle and I were looking pretty optimistic when we first got on the plane, We got to sit next to each other....it wasn't gonna be that bad....or so we thought. 6 hours later both of us could barley sit still. We just wanted to get up and move. 
My aunt, being the way she is made me look at this and take a picture of it. I thought it was funny because all I could really think about while I was staring at it is the scene in fight club when they take these nice pamphlets and exchange them for ones with people all crazy and bleeding everywhere. 

We finally started lifting off, which I'm not gonna lie, is probably my favorite part of the whole flight.. 

 
Up in the air, and my aunt can finally breath. Unlike me, she completely hates lift off and would do much better if she didn't have to ride them at all, but she likes traveling so I guess thats just the price you pay. 

4 hours later....

Needless to say, I am struggling a little bit with this whole plane ride thing and I've only been on the plane for 4 hours. I can't imagine what it is gonna be like when I'm on the one to London (11 1/2 hours....man thats gonna suck) It really would't be that bad if I had just 2 more inches of leg room but my knees keep bashing into the seat in front of me. On a positive note, I have actually gotten some sleep! Granted its usually only a little bit at a time and I usually wake up with my neck crinked. Turns out, traveling with only two hours of sleep is exahusting....Ha ha, who woulda thought. 

Heres a fun fact about the plane though, we are going 451 knotical miles per hour...You guess it we ARE going faster than superman.

We are above the ocean. Its hard to imagine that if we were to come crashing down we would barrel into the deep blue and probably die, or get eaten by sharks....Not really sure which one is better. Probably dying in the plane crash since it would be much quicker. 

We are beginning our decent into Maui! My ears are popping and I'm getting excited! If only my stomach wasn't feeling so crampy....so ready to see the beach and get some sun on this albino body of mine!

Heres some pictures from the airport to the Hotel.



Uh, yeah thats gas prices here....along with everything else, its effing expensive. 



Look at that beautiful blue ocean! Man, I can't wait to go swimming in it! :D 



No comments:

Post a Comment