Saturday, May 11, 2013

Back to Reality!

We made our way back to the airport which was a 45 min drive from where we were eating at so that took awhile. Our plane was scheduled to leave at 10pm so it was dark when we got to the airport. The airport that we flew into and out of in Maui was very small compared to...I don't know...Denver International Airport, but since a lot of people were flying out at this time, things were pretty hectic. When we got there there was a line to check our bags to make sure we weren't bringing any kind of food and stuff back home and there was this awful man that was yelling at someone because he "cut" in line. It made me very angry because the people that "cut" had been standing there for a long time, and didn't really know what they were supposed to be doing so I let them go in front of me. I suppose if I wouldn't have been with my family I would have said something because he was very rude! Anyways after we got our bags checked in and went through security we made our way to the sitting area. I was in dire need of some coffee so I stopped at a starbucks and also got one of those neck pillows so that I could sleep on the plane because the plane ride to Maui was so uncomfortable without a pillow.

After waiting for a hour and a half in the lobby area it was time to make our way back home. The plane ride home was much shorter than the plane ride to Maui...probably because I wasn't nearly as excited to go home as I was to go to Hawaii! But anyways, I watched "Parental Guidance" which was actually really funny and then fell asleep for awhile. I didn't sleep very well though because I kept waking up due to the fact that they kept having turbulence! So needless to say I was pretty anxious. My favorite thing about the plane ride home was that while everyone else was sleeping I was able to watch the sunrise...not something that you can say you've done very often from a plane, unless you're a business man of course. I loved watching the sun come up and looking down at the mountains of Colorado all white with snow. We were flying above the clouds and it was amazing looking! Until we started to land! All of a sudden we flew into the clouds and I got very nervous because I couldn't see anything, and I just kept thinking "well if I can't see anything, than how can the captains!?" so I was freaking out a little bit. But it didn't last very long because out of nowhere, we were on the ground! I was finally back home and ready to ride in the car for another 4ish hours back to Chadron. The most majestic and interesting thing was that above the clouds, everything was beautiful, and then below it was rainy and cold. Part of me wished that I was still above the clouds looking at the beautiful sky and sun! But it was time to get back to life!

Going to Hawaii was amazing. The cost of living there is so much higher than in Nebraska, but I would live there in a heartbeat if I could! I loved every second there (minus the few family feuds that went on). I am so glad that I was able to travel to Maui, and if it wasn't for my Aunt, Uncle, and Grandma, I probably wouldn't have......

So at the end of this journey, I would like to give a big THANK YOU! To everyone (aka my family) who made it possible for me to travel to this amazing part of the world!

I Love You guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment