Friday, May 10, 2013

Snorkling and Sailing Adventure on the Ali'i Nui!

We were able to participate in this amazing boat ride with great people! We had to get up at 6am to catch a ride to the boat. When we got there they had this really great breakfast laid out for us and we set sail! We went to this amazing place called Turtles Cove, named because the sea turtles love to hang out and swim there!


                                     







Here are some pictures of the sail boat that we were on. When we asked, I think they said that it was worth somewhere around 5 million bucks! The last one is awesome because my grandma was havin fun! 

This is the family on the boat ride. From the left: Me, my Aunt Michelle, My Cousin Colton, my Cousin Ryan, My Grandma, and my Uncle Mark.


Okay so, that was me, laying with the blue jacket. I must confess that the night before I may have had a few too many drinks, so being on the boat made me sick! I mean it was my own fault, but man was I queasy! And at some point, I ralfed right off the side of the boat. I just wanted to curl up and go back to sleep, so on our way out there, that is exactly what I did! Plus it was kind of chilly at first, I mean it was only like 7 am when we started our journey out to the ocean! But sailing to our destination took 45 or so min. 


I mean, look at how cold it was! I have 3 jackets on...maybe its because I was hungover, but...still. 





The boys liked scuba diving so much that they decided to go again! I was gonna have no part with that business though...especially in my "condition". 









I did start feeling a little better....



So my aunt and I decided to do a little scuba diving! 


Hang Loose! 



While the boys went scuba diving...


These are the amazing turtles that we were able to see! How majestic they were! 






These other pictures were some of the other sea life we saw while we were scuba diving. The last picture was of this spear fish or something like that....it was so weird and I followed it for awhile, and then my aunt got freaked out and thought it was a barracuda ha ha! Turns out it wasn't.  





So on our way back, and even when we were just sitting there snorkling we got to see whales! It was at the trail end of whale season but man was it exciting! So here are some pictures from that! 






No comments:

Post a Comment