Saturday, May 11, 2013

Everyone Has To Go To A Luau

Obviously, if you are going to Hawaii, you should probably participate in a Luau! So we went to this beautiful place, with beautiful waiters called "Feast at Lele".


Our group picture from the Luau! From the left: Mark, Michelle, Ryan, Me, Grandma, Colton. 



We were handed fresh flower leis when we got there that were absolutely beautiful as you can see from our picture! 


It was right on the beach and was absolutely beautiful! 


So, funny thing about this picture....that guy in the white shirt was some famous guy....like a director or something, right when the Luau got over he ducked out. Have no idea who he was, but I thought that was pretty cool. And I happened to just randomly get a picture of him because I was taking pictures of the trees behind him! Ha ha what luck! 

It was packed! But the service was amazing, so as long as they do their job well, its good that they were packed! 


Most of the Luau was great, but there was a couple things that I didn't like about it.

The good things....


( For some reason I can't figure out how to turn this picture so you're stuck with it like this!) But the first  good thing about the Luau was the OPEN BAR! 


The Second thing that was awesome about the Luau, is that I got to sit next to my awesome grandmother! 


The third thing was that the food was amazing! I mean, I really don't like fish that well, and there were a few things that I didn't care for, but for the most part it was absolutely delicious! The Luau was based on 4 different islands, Hawaii, Aotearoa, Tahiti, and Samoa. With each of the islands, there was a different course so here is what we ate...

First Course...Hawaii 

Pahole Fern Shoots and Hearts of Palm Salad
Seared Island Fish, Fresh Fish served with a mango sauce and tropical fruit salsa
Kahua Pua'a, pork slow-roasted in an underground oven and shreaded

Second Course...Aotearoa

Upcountry greens duck salad with poha berry vinaigrette
Harore Kumara, roasted mushrooms, sauteed with sweet potato, onions and garlic (YUCK! but I'm biased because I HATE mushrooms with a flaming passion!) 
Kuku Patties, fishcake with fresh fish, shrimp and scallops

Third Course...Tahiti

E'iota-Poisson Cru, fresh fish marinated in lime and coconut milk
Baked Scallops, in lobster cream sauce (also disgusting...)
Moa Fafa, steamed chicken and taro leaf in coconut milk

Fourth Course....Samoa

Fresh shrimp with avocado and fresh fruit in a passion fruit dressing
Palusami, breadfruit and/or squash cooked with young taro leaf in coconut cream 
Supasui, grilled steak served with a soy, ginger and guava glaze. 

Finally, Dessert! 

Carmel Macadamia Nut Tart
Papaya Coconut Haupia pudding
Fresh tropical fruits
vintage chocolate truffle

Needless to say, we ate very well! 



The third thing that was good about the Luau was that our waiter, and all of the waiters were freaking beautiful...I mean look at that big piece of man mean that is our waiter! 





This was really the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. She was so natural and talented, and moved so gracefully! Good job woman in white! I loved you! 



The last good thing about the Luau was the dancing. It was so amazing!  

The ONE THING that I really disliked about the Luau was that there wasn't THAT much dancing. There was dancing in between our meals but it was only like 10 min of dancing for each island. I really wanted to see more of the show, but I guess that was it....Overall it was good, it just wasn't what I really thought it would be...At least I had a hot waiter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment